Liquor licencing and responsible service
NSW Liquor Licence LIQP770017696
Safe alcohol consumption is ultimately the responsibility of you as an individual, however it is also our responsibility to abide by the strict policies and procedures that govern alcohol sales.
Box Bar supports the responsible service of alcohol.
Proof of age verification
If you are accepting a delivery and look under 25 then you will be asked to produce identification to confirm you are 18 years or older.
Don't buy it for them
Be aware of your responsibilities regarding secondary supply. If you supply alcohol to a minor you can incur a fine of $11,000 and / or up-to one-year imprisonment.
Know your limits
Serve yourself and your guests responsibly.
Measuring spirit nips when pouring from a bottle is very important to drinking responsibly. A 30mL spirit nip (40% alc/vol) is the equivalent of one standard drink and it is very easy to go over the standard drink limit if not using measures.
If in doubt, please refer to the alcohol volume percentage on the label. If the alcohol volume varies, so will the standard drink measure so calculate your measures carefully.
To assist you calculate the number of standard drinks you are consuming, refer to the DrinkWise Standard Drinks Calculator.
Liquor Licensing Act
NSW Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
Your privacy and how we use information
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, shipping and freight providers who will deliver your order. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
27/112 McEvoy Street
Alexandria NSW 2000
Although the food items in our garnishes and experience boxes will usually last for many months, they do contain fresh ingredients and, as such, refunds are usually not able to be approved for these products. Gift cards are also non-refundable.
However, for products without perishable products, our refund policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and undamaged. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
If your item is damaged or has past the 30 day period, we may approve a partial refund at our sole discretion.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded. Only one discount code or offer can be applied per order.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Box Bar, 866 Bourke Street, Waterloo, NSW 2017
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
We recommend using Australia Post and insuring your item with their transit insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Subscription renewal processes
- When you start a subscription, our system will create a new order to renew your subscription at the conclusion of the initial period of your subscription.
- There is no minimum period on any of our subscriptions - only the amount you choose to prepay in your initial period.
- We reckon you'll love the subscription so much that you'll want to continue on, but if you need to stop it can be cancelled or paused by going to the My Account page.
- Stripe, our payment processor, will attempt payment on a renewal order every 3-5 business days for up to a month after the order is created. If you'd prefer that a subscription renew on a particular day of the month, please let the team know and we'll be more than happy to line it up for you - pop an email through to email@example.com or give us a call on 02 8999 3358.
- We're sad when we have to say goodbye to a subscriber, so if there's anything we can do to help (receiving deliveries less often, moving the date of renewal, pausing for a little while, etc) please just let us know.